一本岛在免费线观看_秋霞电影院yy2933_迷人的保姆5线观高清The Fresno Clinical PhD program introduces students to the ethical values and orientation of the professional psychologist and provides a background in the psychological, biological and sociocultural factors that influence human behavior. Students develop clinical, research and teaching competencies and build the technical skills to work effectively with diverse populations in clinical settings.
Our program takes a systemic approach to analysis and intervention, examining the role of ecosystemic contributions such as family, ethnicity, religious practice, medical and legal issues and access to social privileges amongst others. In addition to training students in the role of clinical psychologist, we emphasize the important role of psychologists as consultants, community advocates and contributors of social change.
Students may select one or more emphasis areas, which provide opportunities to develop areas of focused study and clinical expertise in addition to their general education in clinical psychology. Students may also create a program of study emphasizing their own areas of interest. For example, a student might create a program emphasizing “Family Advocacy” by combining topics such as family therapy, play therapy, juvenile justice, and education law as they apply to the rights of emotionally disturbed children, pediatric psychology, child custody evaluation, divorce mediation, and so forth.
- Clinical Forensic Psychology Emphasis
- Ecosystemic Child Emphasis
- Health Psychology Emphasis
- LGBT Human Services and Mental Health
There are specific profession-wide competency areas in which students must acquire and demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills. These competencies identify knowledge, attitudes, and skills students must achieve to graduate from the program. These include the following areas:
- Ethical and Legal Standards
- Individual and Cultural Diversity
- Professional Values and Attitudes
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Consultation and Interprofessional/Interdisciplinary Skills
一本岛在免费线观看_秋霞电影院yy2933_迷人的保姆5线观高清Students demonstrate their competencies in these areas through the academic and training components of coursework, practicum and internship placements, and supervised research and teaching experiences. Student progress in achieving these competencies is monitored regularly throughout the year across all these components.
Students are also expected to demonstrate competency in the area of teaching.
Students must also acquire discipline-specific knowledge and demonstrate understanding in these areas:
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Foundational science domains of Psychology including biological, cognitive-affective, development, and social aspects of behavior
- Advanced integrative knowledge across foundational domains of psychology
- Research Methods, Statistical Analysis, and Psychometrics.
Fresno Program Features
Students in the PhD in Clinical Psychology program in Fresno can choose between three areas of emphasis to direct their studies:
- Clinical Forensic Psychology
- Ecosystemic Child
- Health Psychology
Doctoral students in the Fresno Clinical Psychology program also have the opportunity to gain practical skills by providing mental health services through the W. Gary Cannon Psychology Service Center, as well as through local psychology internships.
The California School of Professional Psychology’s Fresno Clinical Psychology PhD program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), which requires that we provide data on time to completion, program costs, internships, attrition, and licensure. Please follow the link below for that data. We hope this information will help you to make an informed decision regarding your graduate study.
The California School of Professional Psychology’s Clinical Psychology PhD and PsyD programs offered on the Fresno, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco campuses are individually accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association (APA).
* Questions related to a program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation.
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979
Our Campus Location
Alliant International University
5130 E Clinton Way
Fresno, CA 93727
Links and Downloads
一本岛在免费线观看_秋霞电影院yy2933_迷人的保姆5线观高清The Fresno PhD in Clinical Psychology focuses on students achieving nine specific aims through the development of clinical, research, and teaching competencies. The aims are as follows:
- To produce students/graduates who are competent in integrating the foundations of scientific psychology in all of their work as clinical psychologists.
- To produce students/graduates who are competent in research and evaluation.
- To produce students/graduates competent in developing and maintaining constructive professional relationships.
- To produce students/graduates who demonstrate competence in understanding and engaging in diversity.
- To produce students/graduates competent in assessment skills as an ongoing process that informs and guides professional practice.
- To produce students/graduates competent in intervention skills.
- To train students/graduates who will engage in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- To prepare students/graduates to be competent supervisors and consultants.
- To produce students/graduates competent in being teachers of psychology at the university level.
Professional Clinical Training Opportunities
Students begin their professional clinical training in their second year at our on-site Psychological Services Center一本岛在免费线观看_秋霞电影院yy2933_迷人的保姆5线观高清, which provides diverse therapeutic, testing and didactic training opportunities. In their third year, students train in community mental health centers, clinics, inpatient mental health facilities, medical settings, specialized service centers, rehabilitation programs, residential or day programs, forensic/ correctional facilities, and educational programs. Students typically receive a minimum of 1,600 hours of clinical training prior to internship.
Clinical PhD students also enter teaching practica in their fourth year of their program either through the university or through partnerships with local colleges and universities such as Fresno State University and the North Centers of the State Center Community College District. Students are prepared for teaching through coursework in classroom and online pedagogy.
In addition to clinical and teaching practica, students are involved in research practica that are coordinated by our core faculty. Over the course of four semesters, students learn how to apply skills they have learned in statistics and research design to actual research projects. These projects involve faculty expertise primarily in the areas of play therapy, cognition and affect, psychometrics, and health.
As a result of collaborative work in research practicum and methods courses, students and faculty have presentations at several professional conferences, including the meetings and annual conventions of the following professional associations:
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Play Therapy
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- National Council of School and Programs of Professional Psychology
- Western Psychological Association
- International Summit on Preventing, Assessing & Treating Trauma across the Lifespan
一本岛在免费线观看_秋霞电影院yy2933_迷人的保姆5线观高清Get the Alliant experience on your own schedule. See the variety of classes Alliant offers, and transform your education into impact.
At Alliant, our mission is to prepare students for professional careers of service and leadership and promote the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world. Our Vision is an inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) is Alliant’s cornerstone school and was built on a legacy of thought leadership, multicultural competence, and quality of care. CSPP’s programs pair hands-on professional practice with academic rigor in order to prepare the next generation of psychologists and mental health care professionals.