Please note that there may be other requirements for completion or options for elective and specialized courses. Please see the for the full curriculum. Course offerings and sequence are subject to change.
- Theory and Method of Second Language Teaching
- Curriculum Design and Assessment
- Techniques of Teaching, Listening, and Speaking to Second Language Learners
- Principles of Linguistics
- Technology and Teaching English Learners
- English Grammar for ESL and EFL Teachers
- Techniques of Teaching Reading and Writing to Second Language Learners
- Development of Cross-Cultural Competencies
- Research Methods and Seminar
- TESOL Practicum/Project (2 required courses in total)
Instruction may be provided on-ground, online or in hybrid modalities, and varies by program. For on-ground and hybrid programs, instruction is primarily provided at an Alliant campus; however, some instructional activities may take place off campus at a location appropriate for the particular activity, including, but not limited to, online courses or online portion of courses, internships, practicums, or field placement activities.
For online programs, instruction is provided online; however, some programs may include an in-person residency requirement at one of Alliant’s campuses. Additional instructional activities, including, but not limited to internships, practicums, or field placement activities may take place at a location appropriate for the particular activity.